Leading Learning Forward TSA consists of over one hundred partner and associate organisations from across North Lincolnshire and beyond. St Hugh's School is the lead National Teaching School working in close association with The Humber Teaching School, Learners First, Outwood Institute of Education and KYRA Teaching School Alliance. North Lincolnshire Council is the lead Strategic Partner.
Partnership work across North Lincolnshire is supported by three key Higher Education Institution (HEI) Strategic Partners, namely Bishop Grosseteste University, Hull University & York St John University especially in delivering Initial Teacher Training.
The Teaching School Alliance was formed in September 2013, following a successful application to the Department for Education and the National College for Teaching & Leadership. The TSA celebrated its launch at a lunchtime event on 29 November 2013. This website went live on 13 January 2014 and the first series of Professional Learning events began in January 2014.
Leading Learning Forward Teaching School Alliance (LLF TSA), under the leadership of St Hugh’s National Teaching School will work in partnership with The Humber Teaching School and other key strategic partners to deliver significant improvements in teaching, learning, leadership and governance across schools, colleges and academies in North Lincolnshire and beyond.
LLF TSA, in partnership with The Humber Teaching School and other key strategic partners, will impact positively on the school improvement priorities of partner and associated schools, colleges and academies, by providing inspirational leadership and support for:
- Initial Teaching Training (ITT): the recruitment, induction, training, assessment & employment of trainees seeking to enter the teaching profession;
- Professional Learning (PL): the planning, co-ordination, delivery, assessment and evaluation of continuing professional development for teachers, teaching assistants, school staff, leaders and governors;
- Professional Support (PS): the planning, commissioning, coordination, development and evaluation of school-to-school support for teachers, teaching assistants, school staff, leaders and governors by system leaders: - Specialist Leaders of Education (SLE), Local Leaders of Education (LLE), National Leaders of Education (NLE) and National Leaders of Governance (NLG).
We will achieve success by:
Leading professional learning and development through
- Excellent school-based initial teacher training and support
- Excellent newly qualified teacher induction and support
- Excellent training, coaching and mentoring for leaders, teachers and support staff
Educating and engaging teachers, support staff and leaders through
- Targeted marketing and promotion of learning opportunities
- Joint-observation and development of excellent school practice within and beyond the classroom
- Effective use of joint-observation, coaching, mentoring, practice and reflection
Achieving excellent levels of progress and attainment through
- Provision of support and resources to drive school improvement
- Opportunities for developing teaching and leadership experience
- Collaboration and sharing of expertise within and beyond the classroom
Delivering inspirational and sustainable training and support through
- Appropriate school-to-school support
- Excellent national, local and specialist leaders of education
- Innovative and impactful research and development
The TSA values: aspiration – achievement – collaboration – education - excellence – experience - expertise – governance -innovation – impact - inspiration – leadership – learning – support - talent – teaching - trust
The TSA vision is driven by the motto: Leading Learning, Inspiring Achievement
Page updated: 15 August 2017