I am delighted to share with you the Events Programme of Leading Learning Forward TSA, led by St Hugh’s School, which is a National Teaching School in North Lincolnshire working in association with The Humber Teaching School in North East Lincolnshire.
St Hugh's National Teaching School and The Humber Teaching School also work in association with over one hundred other partner and associate organisations.
As well as offering training and support for their own alliance, teaching schools identify and co-ordinate expertise from their alliance, using the best leaders and teachers to:
- Play a greater role in training new entrants to the profession (Initial Teacher Training)
- Lead peer-to-peer professional and leadership development (Professional Learning)
- Identify and develop leadership potential (Leadership Development)
- Provide support for other schools (Professional Support)
- Designate and broker Local Leaders of Education (LLE) and Specialist Leaders of Education (SLE)
- Undertake Research and Development
Leading Learning Forward TSA is delighted to offer and promote the following programmes & qualifications:
Supporting Deaf Children in School
Teachers of the Deaf play a vital role in supporting deaf children from birth to adulthood, supporting and working with families, and acting as a key worker for deaf children and young people. It can offer a unique career pathway for teachers and SENCOs looking to take on a new role that can have a big impact on deaf children.
The British Association of Teachers of the Deaf website has more information on the role and the different training and funding options available: contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Separately, if you work with deaf children, the National Deaf Children’s Society produces a range of free resources for teachers and commissioners, ranging from simple deaf-friendly teaching tips to quality standards for education support, to help make sure deaf children can achieve their potential. Visit: www.ndcs.org.uk/professionals.
Register NOW! TLIF-funded CPD programme for teachers in geography and science classrooms
Registration for Critical Thinking will be closing on 30th November 2019.
- Two days of professional development including an initial planning session focussing on specialist classroom pedagogies and a concluding session with peer and expert challenge
- A supported classroom project involving applying an aspect of specialist pedagogy to teachers’ own classrooms
- Individual mentoring
- Professional development sessions to share practice
- Access to a range of resources
- Online network space and networks to provide support for further development and cascading of information and learning materials
Free courses to up-skill ‘non-specialist’ and returning teachers
LLF TSA organised events, programmes and qualifications include:
- Best Practice: High Impact Strategies for Teachers - from Spring 2020
- Best Practice: High Impact Strategies for Teaching Assistants - from Spring 2020
- Best Practice: High Impact SEND Strategies - from Spring 2020
- Local Leader of Education Application & Assessment - Autumn 2019
- National Professional Qualification for Middle Leadership (NPQML) - from Spring 2020 (2+ terms)
- National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership (NPQSL) - from Spring 2020 (2+ terms)
- National Professional Qualification for Headship - from Spring 2020 (2+ terms)
- Teaching, Leading & Supporting Primary Mastery Mathematics (on request) - from Spring 2020
- Promoting & Developing Positive Behaviour Programme for Teaching Assistants - from Spring 2020
- SEND Regional Network Training - from Autumn 2019
- Specialist Leader of Education Application & Assessment - Autumn 2019
- Sports Development: Physical Education in Secondary Schools (National Lottery) - Autumn 2019 ff
Each one of these events forms part of a nationally recognised licensed programme/qualification or has been developed locally in association with LLF partners.
Bespoke events are available on request. It may be possible to arrange events for groups of staff in your school. Please contact the LLF TSA office (telephone: 01724 842960) to discuss your requirements or to seek answers to any questions you may have.
Leading Learning Forward TSA is a non-profit making alliance. The charging policy, terms & conditions for events and current event fees are detailed on the website. For all chargeable events, cancellation fees will be applicable. Applicants allocated places on multi-session events should attend all sessions.
Joining instructions for events are sent out by email to event delegates (copied to the delegate’s organisation) at least seven days before the start of the event.
The event fee includes:
- One place per delegate at the programme or qualification event(s);
- Access to resources and materials needed at the event (except where stated as items to be purchased separately). Other resources may be downloaded from the website;
- Tea, coffee and refreshments on arrival and during any breaks at the event.
Any surplus generated as a result of each event is retained by LLF TSA as a working fund for investment. The margin set for each event varies depending upon costs and circumstances.
NB: Applications received for events which are either over or under subscribed will be transferred, where possible, to the next available event.
Please visit the relevant page(s) on this website to access more information relating to the Terms & Conditions for the programmes, qualifications and events.
For applications, please complete one of the following forms via the links listed below:
- LLF TSA Online Application Form – for all events except ITT, NPQs, LLE and SLE applications
- NPQML Application Form 2019-20
- NPQSL Application Form 2019-20
- NPQH Application Form 2019-20
- School Direct & Initial Teacher Training - via the UCAS website.
- School-to-School Support Online Request Form – for all school improvement related requests.
- SLE Application and Reference Form: Autumn 2019 - application window opens in October 2019.
- LLE Application Form: Autumn 2019 - application window opens in October 2019.
Application forms and request forms should be completed online or sent by e-mail, fax or post to:
LLF Events Office, St Hugh’s School, Bushfield Road, Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire DN16 1NB
Telephone: 01724 824960 Facsimile: 01724 747249
We look forward to welcoming you to our events and to supporting your school with its future development and improvement.
Headteacher, St Hugh’s School (A National Teaching School) & Chair, Leading Learning Forward TSA
Page updated: 25 October 2019