Leadership Development is one of the BIG 6 themes that drive the work of the TSA. Teaching Schools are part of the Government’s drive to give schools more freedom and take increasing responsibility for managing the schools’ system. Teaching Schools identify and co-ordinate expertise from their alliance, using the best leaders and teachers to:
- Lead peer-to-peer professional and leadership development
- Identify and develop leadership potential
Quick Reference Guide to Leadership Development Programmes
|Event Ref.||Event Title (click below to view)||Start Date||Duration||Apply By||Event Booking|
|LLF.18.PMM||Teaching & Leading Primary Mastery Maths||Tuesday 27 February 2018||4 full days to June 2018||Open||Apply Now|
|LLF.18.NPQML||National Professional Qualification for Middle Leadership (NPQML)||September 2018||2+ terms||13.7.18||Apply Now|
|LLF.18.NPQSL||National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership (NPQSL)||September 2018||2+ terms||13.7.18||Apply Now|
|LLF.18.NPQH||National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH)||September 2018||2+ terms||13.7.18||Apply Now|
Leadership Development Events in 2018
LLF TSA is offering the a range of leadership programmes and events during 2018. They are:
Teaching & Leading Primary Mastery Mathematics
Teaching & Leading Primary Mathematics has been designed by experienced and successful primary maths specialists and is designed to give maths subject leaders the capacity and capability to implement the new maths curriculum across the primary phase leading towards mastery based learning and deep thinking.
The programme is designed to:
· Provide a fundamental understanding of the key concepts and aims of the new curriculum
· Develop knowledge of how to teach the integration of factual and procedural fluency with conceptual understanding
· Encourage the use of manipulatives to develop CPA with the four rules in order to develop arithmetical proficiency
· Introduce practical approaches to the teaching of fractions
· Use of the Bar Model approach for problem solving
· Ways to develop mastery based whole class teaching and deep learning
This programme consists of five full days incorporating a gap task for group discussion, with two half days at the end of the programme, one of which will conclude with a short showcase presenting impact within delegate school or classroom.
For more information, please click on the link below.
|Programme reference: LLF.PMM|
|Teaching & Leading Primary Mastery Mathematics: Programme Information|
Behaviour & Attendance Leadership (BAL)
The Behaviour & Attendance programme (BAL) consists of training events and modules for teaching and support staff with individual and group responsibilities and accountabilities in their school. The programme is designed to support participants in becoming effective leaders of Behaviour & Attendance by developing their skills, knowledge and understanding.
The programme is made up of a series of training modules with self-supported study.
|Programme reference: LLF.BAL|
|The application window is closed. Watch this space for further details.|
|Event reference: LLF.BAL|
Business Leadership & Management (BLM)
The role of school business managers is a critical part of effective school leadership and school improvement. NCTL currently offers, through licensed providers, the Certificate of School Business Management (CSBM), Diploma of School Business Management (DSBM) and Advanced Diploma of School Business Management (ADSBM) as well as the Certificate in Financial Reporting for Academies (CFRA).
For more information, please click on the National College of Leadership & Teaching (NCTL) link below:
|Programme reference: LLF.17.BLM|
|NCTL information about School & Academy Business Management Training|
|School Business Management (SBM) National Scholarship Fund|
|National scholarship funding window is closed. Watch this space for further information.|
Our vision for these programmes is to help schools to enhance leadership and management capacity in an education system which is witnessing rapid and complex changes.
These programmes will support leaders to develop the understanding and attitudes of mind required to be able to have a decisive impact on the quality of teaching and pupils’ achievement.
Both of these school leadership roles have central, guiding tenets, as they:
- Can help shape senior leader decision-making by accessing, interpreting and distilling the best evidence available
- Can help support and improve the quality of teaching and learning by contributing to CPD, or informing CPD in other ways, such as sharing useful tools
- Can find solutions for school issues and, where appropriate, access external expertise, funding and develop partnerships, such as HEI links
- Can help improve the implementation and evaluation of important school developments.
We know that working with you at the local school level to grow your own leadership, has been, and continues to be a successful approach at developing high quality, capable and skilled leaders. We know that by creating a talent pool of effective leaders in North Lincolnshire will hopefully support the long term future leadership needs in our schools.
Using evidence-based approaches, these one-year training programmes provide high quality, leadership development opportunities for strategic leaders who ultimately will have a decisive impact on the quality of teaching and pupils’ achievement across and between schools.
If you have a colleagues that would benefit from participating in these programmes please contact Michael Ogle directly via e-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone - 01724 297226 or
07580 985319 for an informal discussion.
Or book directly using our website:
- Leading Learning Programme - www.servicesforeducation.org.uk/Event/53224
- Research Lead Programme - http://www.servicesforeducation.org.uk/Event/53268