Thank you for your interest in membership of Leading Learning Forward TSA. Any organisation or individual may apply for membership. The TSA offers three types of membership as listed below.
Full membership of the TSA is for those schools and organisations which will be regularly working together to support each other's professional learning. Typically these schools and organisations will be located within the geographical remit of the TSA, although there may be exceptions where the TSA is building opportunities for collaborative learning. Full membership brings with it a number of benefits, rewards as well as the opportunity to attend a range of TSA events at a discounted rate.
Associate membership of the TSA is for schools or institutions such as HEIs working with one or more Alliance Partner organisations or which would like to be kept informed of events and in future may interact with the Alliance in a limited way. Associate membership entitles colleagues from those schools or organisations to access some of the benefits of full TSA membership and to attend selected events at a discounted rate.
Individual membership of the TSA is offered to colleagues who are currently not working within a school or who may have an advisory role. Individual membership also provides access to some of the benefits of full TSA membership and allows for attendance at selected events at a discounted rate.
Membership benefits include:
- Opportunities for trainee teachers in partner organisations to learn from some of the best teachers locally, supported by a culture of coaching and mentoring
- School-based, classroom focused professional development tailored to the specific needs of staff in your organisation
- Talented staff within partner organisations have increased offers opportunities to develop and share their practice, building their leadership skills and professional expertise
- Designation and brokering of Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs) who are capable of providing specific dedicated coaching, mentoring and professional development
- Contributions to the development of local succession planning arrangements to ensure a future supply of highly skilled leaders in local schools
- Leadership and co-ordination of the provision for school-to-school support including working informally with other schools to address specific issues identified by Ofsted or the school
- Annual national collaborative funding grant
- Being part of the development of ITT, CPD and leadership development in the your area
- Being part of an extended network of Teaching School Alliances in the region and beyond
- A designated Teaching School Alliance website
- Government funding to support the development of the Teaching School Alliance
- Materials to support the delivery of ITT, school-to-school support and leadership development
The TSA office will acknowledge receipt of your application by email and a current member of the TSA will contact you to discuss your application and/or to arrange a visit before the application is considered by the Strategic Board.
Applications for membership are considered the Alliance Partners and approved by the TSA Strategic Board at meetings in July and December.
You will receive a letter from the TSA office, communicating the decision of the Strategic Board after the meeting and welcoming you to the TSA. The TSA offers a comprehensive induction package and support from an existing partner organisation.
Membership is awarded on an annual basis, once you have received, read and signed the Memorandum of Understanding and Statement of Commitment. The Board reviews partner membership annually.
In the unlikely event that your application is unsuccessful, you will receive a letter from the TSA office, communicating the decision of the Strategic Board and the reason for the decision. Future applications for membership may be made on an annual basis.
Please click here to fill out an online Membership Enquiry Form or use the link below to download and print a copy.