We are committed to delivering high quality Professional Learning events across North Lincolnshire and beyond working closely with our partner organisations. We publish an events programme each term and year, in association with North Lincolnshire Learning Development Centre and The Humber Teaching School, providing excellent opportunities for school leaders, governors, teachers and support staff to access a range of licensed and approved training programmes.
Use the menu opposite or the links below to view details of our events and programmes:
Supporting Deaf Children in School
Teachers of the Deaf play a vital role in supporting deaf children from birth to adulthood, supporting and working with families, and acting as a key worker for deaf children and young people. It can offer a unique career pathway for teachers and SENCOs looking to take on a new role that can have a big impact on deaf children.
The British Association of Teachers of the Deaf website has more information on the role and the different training and funding options available: contact email@example.com for more information.
Separately, if you work with deaf children, the National Deaf Children’s Society produces a range of free resources for teachers and commissioners, ranging from simple deaf-friendly teaching tips to quality standards for education support, to help make sure deaf children can achieve their potential. Visit: www.ndcs.org.uk/professionals.
Register NOW! TLIF-funded CPD programme for teachers in geography and science classrooms
Registration for Critical Thinking will be closing on 30th November 2019.
- Two days of professional development including an initial planning session focussing on specialist classroom pedagogies and a concluding session with peer and expert challenge
- A supported classroom project involving applying an aspect of specialist pedagogy to teachers’ own classrooms
- Individual mentoring
- Professional development sessions to share practice
- Access to a range of resources
- Online network space and networks to provide support for further development and cascading of information and learning materials
Free courses to up-skill ‘non-specialist’ and returning teachers
Page updated: 28 September 2019